How to Report
Anonymous Reporting – USC Help & Hotline
Reports on practices or conduct that does not meet the ethical and professional standard of the university may be reported to the USC Help & Hotline using this secure online form. You may also report concerns by calling the USC Help & Hotline at 213-740-2500 or 800-348-7454. These numbers are staffed by live operators 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- While it is preferable to identify yourself so the information can be investigated thoroughly and promptly, you also may report anonymously if you feel more comfortable doing so.
- Reports to the Help & Hotline are kept confidential, to the maximum extent possible.
- OPE staff members are able to communicate with reporting parties, even those that remain anonymous, through the Help & Hotline portal. This includes reports made via online or over the telephone.
- Calls are not recorded, nor can they be traced back to the caller.
- Employers are not allowed to retaliate against employees who provide confidential information in good faith regarding possible illegal activities in the workplace.
- Employers are not allowed to retaliate against an employee for refusing to participate in an activity that would result in a violation of a state or federal statute, or a violation or noncompliance with a state or federal rule or regulation.
The Attorney General’s Office for the State of California also has a hotline that may be reached at 800-952-5225.
The Medical Board of California also has a process for submitting a consumer complaint.
Refer to Reporting Resources and the offices that partner with OPE to conduct university investigations.